So here are the top 10 movies I can watch again and again:
1. Pride and Prejudice (BBC Version) Who cannot love Darcy and Elizabeth? And even though I have seen this movie more times that I want to admit, and I obviously know how it ends, I cannot wait to see if Darcy and Elizabeth get together!
2. Persuasion (The newer BBC version). Also a Jane Austen book. And it may actually me my FAVORITE Jane Austen book. Other than the scene near the end where Ann is running through the streets, I love, love, love, this movie.
3. Emma (BBC version). I,love the scenes between Knightly and Emma. Their relationship is so much fun and Knightly has some of the wittiest dialogue.
4. North and South (The BBC movie, not the cheesy John Jakes mini-series) One of my husband's co-workers recommended this. It is based on the book by Elizabeth Gaskell. We got it from the library. It is 4 hours long. It took us 3 nights to finish it. Once done, I promptly started it back over and watched it 2 more times! The final scene in the train station is wonderful and well done. So well acted. My heart even flutters! (Do Not watch the video if you want to be surprised!!)
5. Sense and Sensibility (BBC version). Emma Thompson's version is good, but this one is incredible.
6. Return to Me. It is good story. Embodies good values and is fairly clean (with the exception of minor language). It makes me laugh. Every. Time.
7. Ever After. I love a good fairy tale.
8. Music and Lyrics. Hugh Grant plays a "washed up" 80's singer who is asked to write a song for a current chart topping artist. Drew Barrymore won me over in Ever After and she is so funny opposite Hugh Grant. This movie makes me laugh. Hugh Grant's character has some of the best one liners. And the opening song reminds me of Duran Duran and their music and videos that I loved in the 80's!!
9. Miss Congeniality. I am a Sandra Bullock fan. Funny and cute!
10. Sweet Home Alabama.
So, what are some of your favorite movies?