Friday, February 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes


1. My strong desire to give up on the marathon has subsided.  I had a great long run last weekend and I am looking forward to another good one this weekend. Next weekend is my 20 miler and then TAPER!! So hard to believe it is only 29 more days till the Shamrock Marathon!

2. And, I have never been one that wants to stand out.  I am an introvert and really have preferred it if I just blend with the scenery, but for this marathon, I am looking to have fun with my marathon outfit! If I will run my way through 26.2 miles on St. Patrick's Day weekend, I might as well get into the holiday spirit!  I have it all planned out and we are still 29 more days away  . . . The only time I have planned my outfit that far in advanced was my wedding!

3. Speaking of Love.  I had a great Valentine's day.  There is something special about getting to love four "men" and having them lavish love on me all day.

4. On Valentine's Day, Audrey Assad, a Catholic singer, released her second album Heart.  I had pre-ordered it on iTunes for an amazing price and I listened to it non-stop on Tuesday.  It is beautiful!  I have her first album too and just lover her song Restless (watch below).  Go Buy her music and support an amazing Catholic artist.

 
5.  The Pinewood Derby is this weekend.  Only one of my sons is old enough for Cub Scouts, but they have a siblings division, so we have been working on cars non-stop.  We are NOT one of those families that spends hours building a car.  So it amazes me at the sheer number of websites out there devoted to making a FAST car for the derby.  I cannot imagine spending that much time on the cars and having all the power tools needed for it! I just want the boys to help make cars they design and have fun that day.  The boys cannot stop talking about it. They are so excited for the Derby!

6.  Thanks to Maurisa at Half A Dozen and More Productions, I made Chocolate Cobbler for dessert on Valentine's Day.  Ooey, gooey, chocolaty, warm goodness. All I can say is YUM (and totally worth eating gluten and going off my diet for a night)!!  Just a hint:  all you need is a little of the cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Perfection!!

7.  The Pinterest craze.  I am not on Pinterest and am trying not to jump on the bandwagon.  Visually, it draws me in.  I see pictures of food, homes, beautifully decorated living rooms, fun crafts and I want to join.  But, I am still not sure of the purpose of it. Anyone out there who loves it want to enlighten me?

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on breaking through the "wall" - hope you really enjoy your long run this weekend. Can't wait to see pics from the Derby! And, I really enjoy Pinterest - I've found it a practical way to organize ideas. I have boards by interest...so I can see what friends or others have pinned...or any time I read a blog etc., I can pin to a board right from the web page. Since I know where everything is I actually go back and MAKE the food I saw, or the craft I liked...Works for me!

    ReplyDelete