Friday, May 4, 2012

Seven Quick Takes





1.  This Sunday is the Frederick Half Marathon, the second in the Titanium Girl Challenge.  I am excited and nervous.  My IT band was really sore after last weekend and when I ran this week it started to hurt a little.  I rested the rest of the week and stretched and iced it.  I am planning on wearing my Aspaeris Compression Shorts during the race to keep my IT band happy.  Hopefully the race will go well!

2. Busy. Busy. Busy.  My hubby officially graduates with his doctorate next weekend.  We are planning a party for the following weekend. Suddenly, projects that I have wanted done for years, all have to be finished in the next two weeks.  A contractor is coming to finish our minor kitchen renovation.  I am re-landscaping our flowers beds.  Pictures are getting hung that have been in our back room for years.  I have a to-do list a mile long.  If I make it through the next two weeks without stressing, it will be a success.

3. Praying for our sons
Thanks to friend and blogger, Maurisa, for posting the links to 21 days of prayers for Sons.  It started May 1st, but you can join anytime.  Also check out the MOB Society (Mother of Boys).  It is so important to pray for our sons.  Pray that they grow to be Godly Men.  My husband and I often pray over our boys while they are sleeping at night.  Our world needs Men who are devoted to Christ, who are strong, and who are not ashamed to stand up for their faith.  21 Days of Prayers for sons is a great tool to pray scripture over our sons.  To cover them in prayer and the Word.

4. Adoption fundraiser.  
I am always trying to find ways to serve those who are adopting.  One through prayer. Secondly, through financial support.  A friend posted a link on Facebook to Let Us Begin.  Alison is making and selling sparrow and sparrow nest necklaces to fund their adoption.  If you have a minute, read their journey.  I love it.  I often pray for a similar situation, so reading their family's story has given me hope that God could move the same way in our lives too.
Love this necklace! Would make a great gift for anyone!

5. That time of year.  Homeschooling moms, please tell me I am not the only one . . . it has been a struggle the last month. Maybe it is Spring fever, but we have a hard time getting our work done.  Some days I feel like I am failing my boys miserably and am NOT a good teacher for them.  Other days, I realize and appreciate my boys for who they are and the talents they have and their need to be boys.  Hence my need for #3.

6.  As someone who spends too much time on a treadmill, I really appreciated this article: When You Feel Like You Live on a Treadmill

7. I have nothing else!  Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the race, and all the preparations for the party.
    Congratulations to your husband!
    Thanks for the great links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! Hope your IT bands are doing better!

    ReplyDelete