Friday, May 25, 2012

Seven Quick Takes





1. Work Widow
My husband has been very busy at work lately.  He goes in early, comes home late.  And when he is home, he is usually pouring over budget spreadsheets from work.  I feel like I have not seen him much.  I will be so glad when the budgets are done, the planning process done and June meetings over.  He is working so hard!

2.  I have taken more days off from working out/running in the last three weeks than I have in over three years.  If you go to my Dailymile page, it probably says something like "Katie has not logged a workout in XX days." And that needs to stop. Today.

3. Why do stores need to get political?  I love Target, but not so happy about this.  First Home Depot, then Old Navy and now Target. I am saddened by this.

4. I think the cutest thing in the world right now is my 4 year old singing "Life is Beautiful" at the top of his lungs. It is the best reminder that life really is beautiful!



5. We do not watch much TV, but one of my favorite shows is back for the summer! I love So You Think You Can Dance. I do not watch American Idol, Dancing with the Stars or the myriad of other shows like that, but I do not miss an episode of So You Think You Can Dance.

What TV show, contest-like show, or other wise, do you love?

6. It is official . . . . I think we will be doing school all summer long!  As most homeschooling families are wrapping up, I feel like we are still in process.  We will have History and English finished next week, but I think we may be doing math and science all summer long.

7. Guilty pleasure and a confession.  I love chocolate lollipops.
Good Quality Chocolate Pops like this.  My father used to give chocolate pops to us on most holidays. I remember I could not wait until he came home from work on Valentine's day armed with a heart shaped chocolate lollipop for me and my brother and flowers for my mom.  So, maybe it is because they bring back good memories, but I LOVE them.  My neighbor has been buying them for the boys lately.  Sometimes she will get 5, one for each of the family members. YAY!!  Other times, she gets 3, one for each of the boys and then a box of chocolates for my hubby and I. Really, can you just skip the fancy chocolates and give me a chocolate lollipop?  Well, I had to confess to her, the boys and my hubby, that I show them to the boys and then purposefully put them away until they forget them and then I slowly eat them myself!  I know, I am a bad mom!

Do you have a guilty pleasere? If so,what is it?


Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. #1~ Profound empathy: my husband just submitted a paper he has been working on for a couple of months and now has two grant proposals he needs to complete/submit.

    #5 ~ Top Chef fans here, currently watching the new version Around the World in 80 plates ~ so far, I like.

    #7 ~ Quilty pleasure: coffee ice cream/milkshakes, it is a good thing that it is generally easier to eat well during the summer what with lots of fresh produce and grilling ~ off-sets all the ice cream I want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watch that show too!! I seem to remember Mary Murphy wasn't on it last season...and she always cracked me up. Nigels my fave, and I love Cat the hostest :)

    ReplyDelete