Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Adoption Update


I know I have not said much about our adoption lately.  And, truthfully, there has not been too much to say for a while.  We have had several delays in our home study.  CPS clearances were "lost" by the state's who received the paperwork, and because of that we were in a holding pattern until they came back.  Thankfully, the last one came back about two weeks ago.  Since then we have filled out and filed our I800A which is basically a form petitioning the US government to allow us to bring an orphan from China, into the US (and assuring them of  our suitability).  We have about 3 months to wait until we will be approved. 

Once the I800A was in, we had about 3 days of "breathing room" before we got an email from our adoption social worker that had all the information necessary for us to start compiling our dossier!  I saw the list and tried not to get stressed on the spot.  Breathe, Katie, breathe.  It is just a bunch of forms, right?  And, after all, the end result will be so worth it!

So, things are moving along.  I still pray we will have a new family member before the end of 2014.  It is all in His hands!

3 comments:

  1. Can't even imagine how hard this must be. Prayers you have your little one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. I cannot wait to virtiually meet your son/daughter when he/she gets here.
    God is so good. I can't imagine the waiting- prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your graphic matches the sentiment of all my friends who are adopting.

    ReplyDelete