Running and Racing
I started running in the Spring of 2009 when I started the Transformation challenge. That spring I was holding onto extra baby weight from my third and even gained more after his birth. During the process I lost 20 lbs and found a love for running. A funny and embarrassing fact: the first time I ran 3.5 miles without stopping . . . I came home and vomited.
In December of 2009, I ran my first half marathon. In April 2011 I ran my first marathon. I have had my share on injuries, but I still plug away at it because I love running. Last year I was honored to be an Ambassador for the Zooma Annapolis Women's Race. This year I am excited to be a part of Team Tough Chik.
My plans for racing this year are:
1. High Cloud Snapple Half Marathon (1/29) - done!
2. Shamrock Marathon (3/18)-done!
3. Columbia Iron Girl Half Marathon (4/29)-registered
4. Frederick Half Marathon (5/6)- registered
6. Marine Corps 10K (10/?) - probably
7. Annapolis Half (11/?)- probably
8. some fun jingle bell jog
** Notice No late spring/summer races . . . . I am not a summer runner!!
Some posts about running/race reports:
1. My first half marathon
2. Marathon eve and Marathon Race day
3. Zooma 2011
4. Zooma 2010
5. Run for Vocations 2010
6. Run for Vocations 2009
7. Annapolis Half Marathon 2011
8. Run for the Dream Half Marathon 2011
9.The Real Reason I Run
10. Christmas Town Dash 8K with my 8 year old son . . . best race ever!!